Categories
Gospel of Jesus

Jesus Mother Mary

Jesus Mother Mary

The United States has over 4 million females with the English name “Mary” as in Jesus Mother Mary. The Levite name is of Egyptian Hebrew(Miriam) and Greek(Maria) origin. It means bitter or rebellion. There are also has positive meanings. Mary means to be strong or beloved  and wise. It also means wished for child or lady.

Gift From God

God sent His Son as a gift to the world through Jesus Mother Mary. In Luke 1:31, a peasant virgin named Mary won the heavenly beauty pageant. “Man looks at the outward appearance. God looks at the heart.” She was not listed in Nazareth’s “Who’s Who.” She was probably classified as “Least Likely to Succeed.” Surprisingly, she would be named among the greatest. When man says “No,” God says “Yes.” “We make our plans, but God always has the last word.”  Only God can put you in a position you are not qualified for. “Promotion comes from God.” (Psalms 75: 6-7)

Highly Favored

Jesus mother Mary was “highly favoured” by God. The Most High God highly recommended her. She was more than qualified. She became God’s secret passageway for the birth of Jesus. The humble handmaiden trusted God. She surrendered all. The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary. The conception was wonderfully miraculous! Jesus Messiah, the greatest world-changer for all times, was born.

God Orders Our Steps

Joseph and Jesus mother Mary had Jewish plans for Jesus life. At the age of 12, Jesus realized His steps were ordered by God. He began to follow the predestined plan of God for His life. His first kingdom assignment was at the Temple in Jerusalem. Jesus learned and He asked questions. He answered questions. He gave sound advice. The rulers and doctors were astonished by Him. His listening wisdom and knowledge surprised them. “And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and grace with God and men (Luke 2: 52).” Sadly, no one, including His parents, was aware of His messianic mission or His kingly purpose.

“Son, why hast thou done so to us? behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.”

Jesus mother Mary was a woman of wisdom. After the Passover Mary realized Jesus was missing. The three-day walk back to Jerusalem was eighty miles. They did not know that Jesus was in the right place at the right time doing the right thing, Today, a parent might ask, “Boy, what were you thinking?” Mary shared her motherly concern wisely. In Luke 2:48 she said to her Son Jesus Christ,“Son, why hast thou done so to us? behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.” However, Jesus Christ the Messiah answered her. “How is it that you sought me? did you not know, that I must be about my father’s business?”  His parents listened to His mission declaration. He told them what He was thinking and doing. But they had no clue. He was on another level. However, Jesus, Son of God, obeyed.

Woman of Faith

Jesus mother Mary was a woman of faith. A wedding was the site of the “first” of Jesus miracles. In John 2 verses 1 through 11 Jesus performed His first creative miracle. The wedding party in Cana was far from being over. Mary had some bad news. The good and the bad wine was gone. She shared this concern with Jesus. “They have no wine.Somewhat hesitant, Jesus said, “O, Woman what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” By faith Mary begins to set the stage for the needed miracle. ”Faith without works is dead.” Jesus Mother Mary instructed the servants to follow Jesus teaching.  Mission accomplished! Miracle Manifested! Jesus the Miracle Worker turned water into wine. As sung by Christian gospel singer and songwriter, William Murphy, Jesus gave them the “best wine.” This miracle started the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Miracle at Cana has prophetic references to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb at Jesus Second Coming (Hosea 6:1-2; Revelation 19: 7-18; Isaiah 63: 1-3; Revelation 19: 11-15).

Finally, here are a few more Jesus mother Mary facts from the four gospels.

A Christian gospel hymn “Song of Mary” or “Magnificat”  was written in her honor.

• She worshipped and praised God (Luke 1:46-55). Mary was in the Upper Room at Pentecost (Acts 2).
  • She was at a public gathering when Jesus would not recognize her as His mother (Luke 12:46-50).
  • Mary was at Jesus Crucifixion (John 19: 25-27).

Tell how facts about Jesus mother Mary have influenced you. Share your comments and your testimony. Visit KNCB.ORG for the  Jesus Christ Movie or to read more on Mary events. Also, like us on Facebook at Kingdoms Network Christian Broadcasting. God Bless You!

©Vivian Caine – All Rights Reserved

By Vivian Caine

Vivian, a born again Christian and an ordained minister loves to read, sing, play piano, write poems, songs and inspirational prose. As a retired educator, she loves working as an assistant for a thriving social media marketing global ministry.
Contact Vivian by email at: pvc@kncb.org